Monday, January 13, 2014

Defense mechanisms with images

I was learning defense mechanisms and I found really good illustrations, pictures and comics on them.
I thought of putting them all together in one place so everyone else can see and revise them faster! I also added some side notes here and there.

Also, since it's taking me a lot of time to complete all the mechanisms in this post, I have published the incomplete one. I'll keep updating it as and when possible.
If you have good images for other defense mechanisms please, please submit them to me at medicowesome@gmail.com
You will help me complete this post faster (and search for images so much more easy! =D )

Disclaimer: The humor and comics are pedagogical tool to promote learning. It is not intended to mock or downplay the seriousness of these conditions.

All these images are from Google. If you own the copyright for any of these images and want them taken down I am happy to do so. I do not claim to own any material on this post.
Cheers!
Defense mechanisms
Defense mechanisms are tools of the ego, used to manage internal conflicts between demands of id and restrictions of superego.
Projection
Paranoid delusions result from the use of projection.
Denial
Denial is often the first response to bad news. Substance abusers are often in denial and hence refuse rehabilitation.
Splitting 
Borderline personality disorders use splitting. Prejudice and stereotypes are often the result of splitting.
Regression
Regression is common when people are tired, ill or uncomfortable.
Somatization
 Symptoms created are real, not merely imagined.
Identification (Introjection)
In classical Freudian psychoanalytic theory, child's identification with the same-sex parent is the successful resolution of the Oedipus complex.









1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. These cartoons are quite helpful. I am about to teach this topic for the first time and I know these will aid with comprehension

    ReplyDelete

This is express yourself space. Where you type create something beautiful! <3
Wondering what do I write? Well...
Tell us something you know better. You are a brilliant mind. Yes, you are! ^__^
Ask about something you don't understand @_@?
Compliment... Say something nice! =D
Be a good critic and correct us if something went wrong :|
Go ahead. Comment all you like here! (:

PS: We have moderated comments to reduce spam. ALL comments that are not spam will be published on the website.